Searching for drugs
Go into a patient’s clinical notes and select the “Scripts” tab.
You can search the drug’s generic or brand name.
- Type the start of the drug’s name in the orange box, press [Enter].
- You can also add a second word to the search e.g. amox tab.
- To extend your search to any part (not just the start) of the drug’s name, click on the Arrows to the right of the Search Box.
Search by condition or indication
- Type the condition name in the orange box. e.g. acne, press [Enter].
- Manually entered drugs appear in bright blue.
- The generic name (chemical name, not brand name) appear in dark green. The brand name appears in dark blue.
- Recommended instructions and indications from the NZ Formulary have a green background.
- Previously saved instructions by the practice have a yellow background. (These can be edited by users)
- The drugs are ordered with fully subsidized items at the top of the list.
Search for Equivalents
Highlight a drug and click on [Brands] to find all Brands and the Generic listing for that drug and strength.
The initial display contains only instructions that are applicable to the patient based on their age. Press [Show All] to include instructions for all ages.
Instructions with lower than the recommended dosage appear in Orange. Dosages higher than recommended are in Red.