Auto expanding abbreviations
Each time the spacebar is pressed (between words as you type); the last word typed is checked against your list of abbreviations. If it is found to be an abbreviation it is replaced with the expanded full text.
To add a new abbreviation
1.Click on the Autotext icon
2.Click on the Grey line to add a new abbreviation and expanded text
To edit an existing abbreviation
– Find the abbreviation in the table by scrolling down or entering some of the text into the search box.
– Edit the text directly in the table
Punctuation when using abbreviations
– To Capitalise the first letter of the expanded text, capitalise the first letter of the abbreviation before pressing [Spacebar].
– To punctuate the expanded text with a following . or , or ?, punctuate the abbreviation before pressing [Spacebar]
Using the spacebar without expanding an abbreviation
After typing an abbreviation, hold down the [CTRL] Key, then press the [SPACEBAR]
1. Click on Import
2. Select the text file:
– This file must have abbreviations and expanded text separated by a comma
– One pair per line
– This format is exported by Next Generation
– The autotext spell correction file contains commonly mispelt words and their corrections
1. Click on Export
2. Give the export file a name
This produces a file in the excel format.