Immunisation schedule changes 2020
Schedule changes 1 July 2020
Reducing the number of PCV10 primary course doses
From 1 July 2020, PCV10 (Synflorix®) is moving to a 2+1 schedule. This means PCV10 (Synflorix) is not required
at the 3-month immunisation event. A two-dose primary course will be given at ages 6 weeks and 5 months.
The booster dose remains unchanged.
Vaccine brand changes
Engerix®-B 20 (20 micrograms/mL) replaces HBvaxPRO® (5 mcg, 10 mcg & 40 mcg).
Varivax® replaces Varilrix® at the 15-month and 11-year event, and for special groups from 12 months of age.
Boostrix® (Tdap) replaces ADT™ Booster for people aged 7 years and over.
Schedule changes 1 October 2020
A 12-month event will be added to the Schedule, making two events in the second year of life.
Note: currently the 15-month immunisation event is still offered at 12 months of age in the Auckland area. The
15-month vaccines can be given from 12 months of age, on parental request in other parts of the country.
Vaccine Groups after October 2020
Apply these changes to you vaccine groups and recalls by clicking on [NIR October 2020 ] from the menu as below.
This update will
- Add MMR to a new 12M vaccine group and remove MMR from the 4Y Group
- Add a PCV10 vaccine to the 12M group and remove it from the 15M Group
- A new Task Batch will be created for 12M Check and immunisation (for Catch Ups)
- The Childhood Immunisation Task Batch will be updated with the 12M task (for new Regular patients under 15M)
- For children less than 5y if the 4Y task has not been completed a 12M Task will be created. This will enable the new 12M vaccines to be brought forward and completed from the age of 12 months of age.
- For children less than 2y if the 15M task has not been completed a 12M Task will be created. This will enable the new 12M vaccines to be brought forward and completed from the age of 12 months of age.