For each staff member, the appointment template records their availability.
For example, in this image the doctor’s lunch break appears in yellow in the appointment book.
To edit / create an appointment template:
- Select Staff from the Toolbar or Tools Menu.
- Select the staff member from the list.
3. Ensure “Appointments” is ticked in the “User” tab.
6. Enter the session details in the corresponding columns:
- Click on the arrow in the colour column to select a colour for this session. We recommend that you use colours consistently e.g. yellow for breaks, orange for holidays.
- Enter a Start and End time using a 24 hour format.
- Enter the Duration of appointments for this session (default is 15 minutes).
- Select an encounter Type (default is Consultation). Consultation notes will adopt this encounter type.
- Select a date From which this session is available. If recurring sessions are required, ensure that you pick a date on the appropriate day of the week.
- Set the recurrence frequency (in days) e.g. 1 repeats every day, 7 repeats weekly.
- Enter an optional Until date if these sessions are for a limited time (e.g. holidays).
- Type in any Notes you wish to appear when the mouse cursor is held over the session in the appointment book.
- You may include a facility if you have multiple sites
- Availability (who has permission to make appointment in this session)
- All (Patients through the portal and staff can make appointments)
- Staff (Staff only)
- Reserved (staff only, prompted before making appointment)
- Unavailable (Appointments not allowed)
The Order of sessions
- The colour and other properties of session are applied in order from the top down. Any overlapping session lower in the list will override sessions higher in the list e.g. holiday sessions will overwrite others if placed lower in the table for the period they apply.
- Tick the days of the week on which appointment are available.
Days not ticked will not be displayed
- Right click on any session to copy the session to a new row, then edit the details as desired. Alternately, highlight the desired rows and click the “Copy” button.
- To share sessions with other staff, highlight the desired rows
- Click the “Share” button.
- Select one or more staff members.