Creating repeat prescriptions from the front desk
To create a repeat prescription, click on the Repeat Prescriptions button at the top of the screen or select Repeat Prescriptions from the View menu.
- Search for and select the patient using the search screen.
- Any routinely prescribed drugs will appear on the left hand list. Double click the drugs you want. These will appear in the list on the right.
- The Signed By will default to the patient’s regular doctor. Use the drop-down menu to change this if necessary. Next time a repeat is created, it will default back to the regular doctor.
- Press [Finish] to print or press [Finish/POS] to print and automatically go to the Point of Sale screen or press [Next] to print and automatically go back to the patient Search screen to create another prescription.
Colour coding: Drugs in the left hand list will be highlighted:
- Bright blue if prescribed today (once double clicked on).
- Green if prescribed within the last 3 months.
- Dark blue if more than 3 months ago but less than a year.
- Grey means not prescribed within a year.